Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 2

Hiya!
so day 2 in Abuja was pretty quiet.spent a lot printing letters,binding ,photocopying and browsing.then off to find a hotel.I've always had people look for hotels for me and fix all the stuff before my trip to Abuja and i never really spend more than a day or two.so itook a few things for granted this trip that i was going to spend four days 3 nights that eventually bcame 6days 5nights.
So the journey to find hotel that night took me from wuse two to Area 11 to central area then to some other districts i dont remember then eventually settled for some suite.which the taxi man said twaz the best i could get since all the hotels wev been to were full.so i walk into the musky reception,i see a few hausa men with white flowing agbada.seeing the dissatisfaction on my face,the driver points out that they are dignitaries in Abuja and they use this hotel he quickly added.i walk into the hallway and see some men walk across in shorts and tshirts.they look like runs men(yea...yahoo boys and fraudulent dealers)that worries me a bit but my driver was right behind me to tell- oh those are the big players here oo.they do Govt contracts.Then Steward opens the door of my room;its a big bed with a small lounge area,a TV and AC.it looked fairly used,not bad for 5,100 and i loved the bathroom.spacy,clean-as in bright sparkling(i read in while doing doo doo,so i love clean bathrooms)hot water and all.i agreed to take it,gave the driver money to settle the bills and when he shud come pick me the next day.Soon as they turned thier backs, i shut the door and ransack the room to be sure nothing will creep out in the middle of the night and start demanding for what i dunno.......sure coast clear.i washed my face as i was too tired to think of running any bath.tucked into the duvet with my note book on my lap to do some work,i dozed off....

No comments: