Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Little Good Deed

In my last post i wrote how the good Samaritan said to me'guy ,u must be a good guy o,for me to be carrying your around like this' and i said Na God oo'at that moment something dropped in my mind...
Beggars find me very attractive.
Am sure u r getting scared to me,but yea.if we are a group of ten people and someone walks in to ask for help,he'll approach the group,and either walk straight to me,PAST other people or excuse me from their midst and ask me for whatever the need.as in,it is scary..at work,on the road,at the movies,anywhere.and a lot of them have fantastic stories that i always think instead of letting this people carry on with this problem or have them shame and burden of asking someone else,i'd give 200,500,1000 and even 2000 Naira instead of the regular 20naira .
one said to me once at Maryland bustop that he had come to Lagos from OSU to his GF's birthday bought a gift and ran out of cash hoping to get something from her when he's leaving but on getting there she's all over another guy who he found out organised the party for her so left in anger and now he's stranded.i looked at him,Mr Lover boy and gave him a 500 as the bus cost 300.some say they want to buy inhaler,a lot say they are stranded and so many silly stories but yet i give.
Once i discussed it with my pastor and he said if i was scared i should talk to God and ask him why its happening .That's why we are a pentecoastal church.we all have access to our father in heaven.which makes big sense but not what i needed.so i brought it up at the fellowship which shows how important the fellowship can be cos its smaller gathering from the church, different people with different ideas and leader to correct misconceptions.
And finally what we agreed on was that God had a purpose and i should keep doing it, cos it's most likely a covering for something else.some other need might arise and people will stand for me.
I dont know,but for me,i think that was one of the times when the good deeds have come to stand for me!
so,that little thinG u r doing thats making people smile,please dont stop!

No comments: